‘NO AGENDA’TACKLING GENDER NORMS IN COMMUNICATION
Whether you are a woman or a man, we consciously and subconsciously play to gender norms throughout our lives and especially in the workplace. This unique course aims to explore how it affects you at an individual and team level. Through exercises that draw on theatre practice, psychotherapy, forum discussion and debate, this one-day workshop will open up new ways for you to communicate. It will also offer you an opportunity to discuss some of the issues faced by both genders, including maternity, paternity care, career aspirations, personal habits and assumptions. It will give you the confidence to build a learning community at work that aims to tackle gender inequality for both men and women. This course is aimed at mixed gender groups of between 4-10 people. It has been designed in consultation with academics and specialists in gender study and will be delivered by trained actors who have experience as teachers and leaders.
- Explore how we speak and listen to one another
- Explore what gender norms mean for you and your team
- Examine new ways to communicate with authenticity and respect
- Examine how to develop better communication practice and allow everyone to have a voice
- Explore transactional analysis and its impact on how we speak in groups
- Develop gender neutral speaking skills
- Develop a deeper understanding of the physical, cognitive and emotional behaviours for why people speak the way they do and find new tools to break habits
- Increase confidence to speak
- Learn the skills and strategies for influencing people in all directions
- Feedback and ongoing relationship for individual
Half day/full day workshops and individual tailored sessions are available. Please contact us for a specific quote.
Introductory prices negotiable for first time clients. Costs exclude venue hire or catering.