‘THE LISTENING SPEAKER’
The best communicators are often the best listeners. This course is designed for both the natural introvert and extrovert who want to improve their communication through developing and using listening skills. This course offers an insight into anxiety and fear in public speaking and in team settings and how it relates to the ego. Natural introverts tend to be better listeners but are not always able to translate that useful skill into effective communication. The natural extrovert often has the confidence to speak but perhaps misses opportunities to address the need of their audience by not listening effectively. This course offers a meeting point. We explore how to listen effectively through your voice and body; how and when to speak in different settings, as well as encouraging and enabling a group listening dynamic. Exercises explore who speaks when and how we play status roles and what we can do to shift our status. We also introduce participants how to combat fear and respond instinctively and spontaneously through exercises based on actor training.
- Explore when we speak and why
- Develop an open and free voice
- Develop and hone listening skills
- Learn how to steer a conversation and argument
- Understand how introverts and extroverts tend to behave
- Develop better communication practice and ensure everyone has a voice
- Explore what status you play in team communication
- Empower yourself and others to speak with authenticity
Half day/full day workshops and individual tailored sessions are available. Please contact us for a specific quote.
Introductory prices negotiable for first time clients. Costs exclude venue hire or catering.