‘AUTHENTICITY: Leaders with Equality in Mind’
This course aims to help women and men at all levels of business but particularly those who are focused on developing leadership roles in the city workplace and finding ways to influence the culture and challenge exclusive ‘masculine’ environments. The course has two key elements. The first is that we aim to help you as an individual succeed. We develop your skills and confidence to perform whether it’s delivering a keynote speech, presenting to the boardroom or in meetings with your colleagues and employees. We use exercises developed from our actor training and theatre practice alongside transactional analysis and vocal work to help women and men find their authentic voice, develop strategies for dealing with gender stereotyping, difficult work spaces/situations and help generate new ways to communicate. Our second element moves forward from traditional ‘personal impact courses’, however, in that we look at how we can set up ways of monitoring and improving female retention rates in businesses where there is currently a high dropout rate. We use role models, statistical surveys and extensive ongoing training and analysis of teams to help create a map of your business and employees and the influencing factors at different stages in their career. The course has been developed in part with specialists in gender study and is delivered by facilitators trained in voice, leadership and psychotherapy. For individuals we offer ongoing one-on-one, half-day and full-day workshops. For businesses interested in setting up ongoing training alongside monitoring, please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
- Develop your authentic voice
- Understand how the body and voice can be used more effectively to communicate
- Explore how we communicate with each other
- Examine how to develop better communication practice and allow everyone to have a voice
- Explore transactional analysis and its impact on how we speak to men and women
- Develop strategies to deal with different work situations and different colleagues
- Explore how dress and what we wear affects the way we breathe and speak
- Develop a deeper understanding of the physical, cognitive and emotional behaviours for why people speak the way they do and find new tools to break habits
- Explore gender neutral communication
- Be an advocate for equal opportunities in the workplace
Half day/full day workshops and individual tailored sessions are available. Please contact us for a specific quote.
Introductory prices negotiable for first time clients. Costs exclude venue hire or catering.